Tuesday, June 29, 2010

And...We're Done!

Three months, lots of noise, lots of dust, lots of choices and we are done with our remodel!

Our window coverings and the rest of the furniture went in late last week and Don built my bookcases over the weekend.

Here are some photos:

Here's a view of the living room. We repurposed our old furniture for budget sake. We think it turned out fine. We also reused the artwork over the couch. My family bought it for me for Mother's Day several years ago. I've always said that's the exact spot I want to live.

You can also see the custom benches under the bookcases that will serve as extra seating when we have extra guests.




Here's a close up of one of the benches. I really love the fabric! I'm looking for some small decorative items for the bottom shelves. That way they stay relatively open for anyone who wants to sit there with their laptop or for guests to set plates or drinks.


The dining room with window coverings!



The kitchen barstools. There are 5 and we've already tried them out by eating dinner there one night.



A closeup of one of the stools. The fabric on the backs is the same fabric on the panels in the dining room.


A view of the school area from the kitchen. I'm still considering a desk to put where the preschool table is currently. The Roman shade here matches the Roman shade on the dining room window.



Another view of the school area. Don built the bookcases for me. They are from IKEA. They are from the Liatorp line.


Here's the other one. Especially for my homeschooling friends, I took a photo with the cabinet doors open. :-) The top shelf has the start of my homeschool philosophy books. The second shelf is for Footloose's school books. The bottom shelf is history and reference books.

So far behind the cabinet doors...second shelf holds printer paper, notebook paper, ink and laminating sleeves. The bottom shelf just has empty notebooks.


The Kindergarten bookcase! Top shelf has the laminator. Second shelf has all of our Five in a Row books as well as Horizons K Math, Reading Made Easy and my Ruth Beechick Three R's series. Third shelf is math manipulatives. The bottom shelf has two kids' dictionaries and our science and art collections.

Inside the cabinet: Top shelf-the red box has jigsaw puzzles in ziploc bags and our wooden puzzles are next to the box. The wicker basket has our preschool bags from our exchange with the Five in A Row ladies.

The bottom shelf has craft supplies, more math stuff and file folder games.







Thank you for following us all this time. It was a long process but so worth it and we are very much enjoying our new space! A very special thanks to Matt and Greg from Haus Werks! They are truly the best and I can't wait to work with them again!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Ronette, it's GORGEOUS!! I wouldn't even know it was the same house based on old photos you've shared. I bet you are beyond thrilled!!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Whose house have you snuck into?!! That is NOT the house that "we" grew up in!! My goodness, Nette, it's stunning!! I'm just thrilled for all of you and I love every single thing you've done- the colors, the style, the wood- impeccable! Hooray for you! Love it and YOU!

Rachel said...

Beautiful!!! Fabulous renovation!!!! LOVE the fabrics you used!!!

Ronette said...

Sheri, it doesn't look like the same house as evidenced by my best childhood friend who commented below you. And, believe me, she would know. LOL!! We practically lived at each other's house when we were kids. :)

Jen, it's crazy, huh? It feels so great to finally have my own stamp on the place. Love you too!

Rachel, I think the fabrics are one of my favorite things! My designer asked me if I wanted "warm" colors or "cool." I told her I normally go for the rusts/browns, etc. but said I'd like to see some "cool" colors, too. I absolutely fell in *love* with the blues! The look so perfect and I'm so happy with my choice!

Anonymous said...

WOW! FABULOUS! Hard to imagine it's the same place! What a transformation! LOVE IT! You did a great job!!!

--Goodwife H.

Shonda said...

It's been a while, but I noticed I never commented on your remodel's completion!! It looks beautiful!!! I know you are enjoying it!

Leslie said...

It looks wonderful! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Greetings,
If you're interested in homeschooling, courtship, quiverfull issues, child-raising, politics, and spiritual inspiration, try a free, no obligation issue of SALT Magazine. If you haven't tried SALT yet, all we need is a name and mailing address to send you a free issue. Or, you can check out our website (saltmagazine.com) and sign up for a free issue online.
- In the Vine, Jim & Cindy