Saturday, June 19, 2010

The Home Stretch!

Upon returning home weary travelers from a 12 day, 7 state vacation, we were met at the curb by our contractors. They asked if we were ready and ushered us into our beautiful new space that they worked feverishly to finish while we were gone.

To say we were pleased would be an understatement! These guys do fabulous work! There are a few finishing details here and there such as the window treatments which will be delivered in the upcoming week. But the project is virtually done!

Although I admit that it was a challenge to live for three months without a kitchen and living space, I can't believe how quickly they managed to completely transform our home!

So, here we go with some "before and afters!"

This was the view from the front door:



Same spot:



The awful, ugly kitchen:




Same view:



Old laundry room:




Is now a pantry:



I hated this wall:



Now it's all opened up:



Old dining room:





New dining room:



I was nervous to get rid of the windows:



But am so happy with the results:



That's a start! I have more photos but I've been busy with vacation laundry, a graduation party and packing my kids up for a week long camp they are headed to tomorrow. I'll get more up later. :-)

4 comments:

Julie said...

It's gorgeous! I'm so happy for you.

Joanna said...

It looks AMAZING! :)

Anonymous said...

OH my...it is GORGEOUS!! I love all of it!!

Kristin @ Petal and Thorn said...

looks wonderful and cozy! we chose the same finish on our cabinets-glazed maple, right? sounds like a donut!